Welcome to Mountford Manor Nursery!
Thank you for taking the time to find out more about our nursery. We believe it is a truly exceptional place for young children to learn and develop in a safe, caring environment.
On this page, you’ll discover more about our nursery and our provision.
The first steps in education are important for every child. At Mountford Manor Nursery, we introduce children to the world of education through fun and engaging activities. We focus on the individual needs of each child and help them to develop the foundational skills that are so crucial in early years learning.
Our nursery is located on the site of our wonderful primary school, which ensures young children become familiar with the atmosphere of a school and spending time near older children. We’ve found this to be highly beneficial for children who progress from our nursery to our primary school, as they settle in quickly to familiar surroundings.
The Mountford Manor Nursery provision is available for 2- to 4-year-olds and provided by a team of experienced practitioners. Our nursery is open Monday to Friday 8:30-11:30.
We understand that establishing an environment conducive to learning gives children the best chance to develop and progress. We are particularly proud of:
- Our well-resourced Early Years, offering children a multitude of ways to build their foundational skills through play
- Spacious outdoor areas including a newly installed trim trail
- Expansive outdoor green spaces including forest
We have 2 provisions in our Nursery;
- A 2-year old Nursery Room : Funded 2 year-old sessions for those that are eligible. These are 15 hours a week, 3 hours a day Monday to Friday 8:30 - 11:30.
- A 3-4 Year old Nursery Room: All 3 Year-olds are entitled to 15 hours a week of free sessions. These are 15 hours a week, 3 hours a day Monday to Friday 8:30 - 11:30.
The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
This is the statutory framework from the government which we work within to ensure that the children are getting all that they need. It is very detailed and is divided into various sections e.g. mathematics, physical development, literacy. Alongside this; we ensure our children receive a curriculum that suits their own needs and prepare them for when they enter school in Reception.
Please see our Nursery Long Term Plan (LTP) which details what the children will do across the year.
Funding for Children
The funding is provided by the government. To secure the funding for your child, visit the government website by clicking the relevant button below.