Why do we have a school uniform?
Our school policy for school uniform is based on the notion that school uniform:
- Promotes a sense of pride in the school
- Engenders a sense of community and belonging towards the school
- Is practical and smart
- Makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance
- Is regarded as suitable wear for school and is considered by parents as good value for money
- Is designed with health and safety in mind.
The Mountford Manor Primary School uniform
- Navy blue sweatshirt or cardigan.
- A red polo shirt.
- Black or grey trousers, skirt or dress.
- For summer months; red checked summer dress, black or grey shorts (optional).
- Sensible black footwear. (suitable school shoes or plain black trainers)
Please ensure all items clothing items are labelled with your child's name so we can return any found clothing.
PE kits should be brought in a suitable named bag. Please label all clothing with your child's name.
The PE kit consists of:
- A white t-shirt.
- Black shorts./ cycling shorts
- A dark tracksuit (for colder winter months).
- Suitable daps or trainers.
A lost property box is available in the school should any missing uniform items be recovered.
If you are finding it hard to source or finance your child(ren)'s school uniform please contact the school 01793 536494 for support.